- Penetrates porous finishes to protect from the inside out.
- Does not leave a surface film that will chip or scratch.
- 100% natural, virtually zero VOC, food safe
- Can be used over raw wood, stained wood, milk paint, flat-finish paints (acrylic, latex, etc), stone, and metal
- Revives dried out, antique wood furniture to bring out the beautiful warmth of the wood.
MMS Hemp Oil
MMS HEMP OIL
Hemp oil is a solvent-free oil finish that provides a protective, water-resistant surface. Use on new wood that is bare, stained milk-painted or to revive old wood finishes. It penetrates to protect from the inside out. Does not leave a surface film that will chip or scratch. This food-safe oil finish is perfect for use in the kitchen on wood or stone. Used outside, it can restore the luster of old oil based paint or revitalize surfaces such as cast iron. Test on an inconspicuous spot prior to using on an entire piece.
How to use this product
Surface must be clean and dry. Apply small amount of oil to surface using a clean cloth. Rub gently until it is absorbed into raw wood or milk Paint finish. For additional sheen and protection, add 2-4 coats. With no solvents, drying time is extended, so allow 2 hours between coats and wipe away excess after 12 hours. Finished piece may take several days to cure. To maintain, apply a light coat every other year as needed. To remove scratches, lightly sand blemish, then reapply oil.
Hemp Oil Coverage
Coverage depends on the surface the oil is being applied to. While a little goes a long way, bare wood requires more oil and a previously oiled surface will require less.
- 500 ml – Covers about 60 sq. ft.
- 1 Litre – Covers about 120 sq. ft.
- 1 Gallon – Covers about 500 sq. ft.